THANKS TO OUR 2017 SONGWRITING CONTEST SPONSORS: B&L Wine Cellars, Press Bistro, Pages & Light Bookstores and B. Hale Plumbing and Heating.
SongWorks is hosting the Fourth Annual Singer-Songwriter Contest on Thursday, October 12th, 2017 at the Art Works at 411 Third Avenue in Cambria City Johnstown. The show starts at 7 p.m.
TO PARTICIPATE, ALL CONTESTANTS MUST AUDITION. PLEASE SEE CONTEST RULES BELOW.
Musicians DO NOT have to pay an entrance fee nor sell any tickets, although we encourage you to invite your family and friends to the show to cheer you on. Admission to the show is $12, and $10 for ArtWorks members. Show admission will be waived for contest participants.
1. Each contestant may submit one 3 to 5 minute live performance song. Each entry must be an ORIGINAL song, submitted to the contest by the songwriter. The songwriter does not have to be the performer, and more than one musician may perform a song together.
2. The contest will be judged by a panel of 3 judges, who will assign the following points for a possible score of 100 points: A.) 40 points for composition; B.) 40 points for lyrical expression; C.) 20 points for presentation. The prizes awarded will be $200 for 1st place, $100 for 2nd place, $50 for 3rd place.
3. All contestants in an act must audition in person on October 5th, 2017 at 7 p.m. at the Grove Avenue United Methodist Church at 501 Avenue in Moxham Johnstown OR alternatively, may submit a video of their performance with a copy of their lyrics in advance of the audition date. To make arrangements to submit a video, please contact email@example.com. You will receive notification once we have received your materials. Contestants may be eliminated during the audition.
4. The night of the audition and the night of the show, participants must bring FOUR copies of the lyrics of their song for the judges. These will be returned to the participants upon request.
5. Restrictions. SongWorks members and Grand Halle affiliates cannot participate in the contest. First place winners from prior years cannot participate in the contest.
TO APPLY TO AUDITION, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation. If you have any other questions, please email email@example.com or call 814-525-5328.